Experiment with various classy and playful styles to enhance your dress’s charm. Elevate your look with stiletto heels, a stunning red dress, and perfectly coordinated makeup. Finding the right makeup for a red dress can be tricky, but don’t worry about it turning into a fashion disaster. Follow these simple makeup tips to rock your red dress with style. Keep reading for the scoop!
Keep In Mind
- Light Eyeshadow: Avoid dark eyeshadows during the day. Choose natural matte shades or apply a rosy blush powder on your eyelids for a subtle look.
- Keep It Minimal: Pair your red dress with nude makeup for a vibrant appearance. Opt for light, natural foundation or tinted moisturizer to avoid an overly bold look.
- Old School Glam: Achieve a classic look with natural foundation, creamy eyeshadow, and a perfectly winged gel eyeliner. Finish with mascara and a bold red lipstick for timeless elegance.
- Lip Focus: Emphasize your eyes with nude or lighter lipstick shades and tinted lip gloss. For a bolder look, choose a red lipstick that complements your outfit for added lip definition.
Makeup For Red Dress
1. Nude Glow On Red
Wearing a bright red dress? Keep it simple. Choose one focus for your look, like a nude glow. Use tinted moisturizer, mineral glow powder, and a bit of blush for a fresh, natural vibe. Keep your eyes simple with matte eyeshadow, kohl pencil, and black mascara. Finish with a sheer lip gloss or nude lipstick. Less is more for an elegant style.
2. Red On Red For Night And Day
Red dress and red lipstick go well together, but it takes confidence. A blogger liked the combo for a feminine and sunny look. A solid red dress is versatile, easy to match with accessories. For a bold nighttime style, use foundation, light blush, and bold eyeliner. Skip dark eyeshadow, highlighter, and eyeliner. Choose a matching red lipstick with gloss. Daytime? Use a soft brown pencil liner, rosy red blush, and a similar red lipstick to tone it down.
3. Old School Glam Look
For a classic Hollywood look with a red dress, start with concealer and foundation, then set with powder. Use a natural cream eyeshadow and add gel eyeliner for a winged look. Apply mascara for volume. Finish with bold red lipstick or opt for sheer red lip gloss if you’re unsure.
4. Smokey Eyes
For a striking look with a red dress, try smokey eyes for nighttime events. Keep it simple: use BB cream, a touch of peachy shimmer on cheeks, and maybe some bronzer for warmth. Focus on the eyes by tracing thick lines with a pencil liner, defining with gel eyeliner, and adding mascara. Brush on metallic eyeshadow for a finishing touch. Go for a nude lipstick or lip gloss for your lips.
5. Fun And Flirty
For a laid-back vibe with a red dress, keep it simple. Use tinted moisturizer, neutral eyeshadow, and a thin line of pencil liner on your eyes. Add fake eyelashes for a playful look, curling and fluffing them with mascara. A bit of color on your cheekbones, but skip highlighting. Finish with a tinted lip gloss or sheer pink lipstick. Easy and fun!
6. Lips And Nails
For a classic look, red lipstick works, but lighter shades closer to your natural color are generally better. Tinted lip gloss avoids color clashing. Keep nails simple with a French manicure; avoid matching colors with your dress. If using polish, go for nude colors instead of red.
Keep your hair simple to complement the look. Avoid tight curls or elaborate hairstyles. Slightly curled tresses falling on your shoulders frame your face without distracting from your makeup.
A red gown can highlight skin imperfections. Invest in a quality color-correcting foundation to conceal blemishes. If you have clear skin, a tinted moisturizer is sufficient.
9. Highlight Eyes Or Lips, But Never Both
To look good in red, avoid heavy makeup. Generous use of bold colors can make you look overdone and cheap. However, skipping makeup entirely can leave you looking dull. Opt for highlighting either your eyes or lips for a classic, elegant look.
Bitten Lips Makeup Look
Follow these steps, to recreate it at home:
- Apply a non-tinted lip balm on your freshly exfoliated lips.
- Now, apply dark lipstick on the center of your upper and lower lip.
- Gently feather out the color towards the edges using a brush or your fingers, but avoid going all the way to the lip edges.
- Enhance the smudged look by applying pale pink lipstick to the outer areas of your lips.
- Finish it off with a layer of clear lip gloss to add some irresistible shine.
A red dress can work wonders, but your makeup needs careful consideration. Choose your look based on the time and occasion to avoid looking out of place. Once decided, follow the tips for the right makeup with a red dress and shine like the showstopper you’ve always wanted to be.
What color jewelry should you wear with a red dress?
Choose pieces that complement the bold red hue. Gold jewelry, like hoop earrings or a bangle, creates a classic warm look. For a more modern touch, go for silver, metallic hues, copper, or brass. Diamonds and pearls offer timeless versatility.
Should you use lip gloss or lipstick with a red dress?
It depends on your makeup look and the occasion. For formal events, opt for lipstick for long-lasting, bold color. If emphasizing your eyes, go for a lighter lipstick with lip gloss. For a nude makeup look, choose lipstick in a color matching your dress or a shade different.
Is there a specific mascara that works best with a red dress?
Darker mascara shades like black, brown, and deep green work well with a red dress. Ensure the shade complements your overall makeup.
What type of contouring should you use for a red dress?
Warm shades like gold, bronze, and copper pair well with a red dress. Subtly contour your cheekbones and nose for a soft, elegant look. Create a soft glam appearance with glossy lips and nude eye makeup to complement the boldness of the red dress.