Join us on a tasty journey to find the best Dutch Apple Cake! We’re on a quest to discover the most delicious slices in town. From cozy bakeries to charming cafes, we’ll guide you to the yummiest spots that have mastered the art of making this mouthwatering treat. Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth and find out where to enjoy the best Dutch Apple Cake!
Enjoy soft Dutch apple cake with fresh apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert—each bite is sweet and irresistible!
Best Dutch Apple Cake Recipe
Dutch apple cake combines the best of apple cake and pie. Tender cinnamon-coated apples sink into the top, creating a favorite light, not overly sweet treat. Perfect for snacking any time, with a warm vanilla flavor complemented by cinnamon apples!
Dutch Apple Cake Is Made With Honeycrisp Apples
Embrace early Fall with apple baking! Honeycrisp, with its sweet juiciness and crunch, shines in today’s cake. Choose your favorite apple variety—none get mushy in this quick-cook delight!
Dutch Apple Cake Ingredients
- Flour – 1½ cups of all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled.
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Salt – ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Butter – ½ cup of butter (1 stick) that has been softened at room temperature.
- Sugar – 1 cup of sugar.
- Egg – 1 large, room temperature egg.
- Vanilla – 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Milk – ¾ cup of room temperature milk. I used whole milk, but you can use your preferred kind.
- Apples – 2 medium-sized apples that have been peeled, cored, and then cut into thin slices. I used Honeycrisp apples, but you could also use Braeburn, Jonagold, or any other type that can hold up to the heat of the oven.
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Sugar – ¼ cup of sugar.
- Brown Sugar – 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
How To Make Dutch Apple Cake
This apple cake is so easy to make, all you have to do is mix the batter and top it off with apples! You’ll need a 9-inch springform pan, a mixing bowl, your stand mixer, and a silicone spatula.
This recipe will yield one 9-inch cake which can be cut into 12 servings.
Make The Cake Batter
- Preheat. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Sift. Sift 1½ cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt together. Set aside.
- Cream the butter. Using your stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together ½ cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Finish the batter. Alternate between mixing in the sifted ingredients and ¾ cup of milk in small amounts until both have been fully incorporated. Transfer the batter to your prepared pan.
Mix Apple Topping
- Prepare Apple Topping: Peel and thinly slice 2 apples. Toss with 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ cup white sugar, and 1 tbsp brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add to Cake: Gently press apple slices onto the cake’s top in rows, aiming for a single layer with some overlap.
- Bake: Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown. Test with a toothpick—moist crumbs are okay.
- Cool: Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy your homemade Dutch apple cake!
Enjoy your Dutch apple cake with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, whipped cream, or a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream! Whether warm, cold, or room-temperature, savor it just the way you like. Delight in every bite!
After cooling, store apple cake in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or refrigerated for 5 days. For longer storage, freeze individual slices wrapped in plastic and placed in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before eating. Warm enthusiasts can microwave slices for 30 seconds. Enjoy!
Find the best Dutch Apple Cake here! With easy steps, versatile apple choices, and delightful serving options, every bite is a taste of fall. Store it for days or freeze for later. Enjoy the joy of baking your perfect Apple Cake at home!
Q1: Can I find the best Dutch Apple Cake at a bakery or restaurant?
The recipe here lets you make it at home for a personalized touch, but you can try local bakeries or restaurants known for their desserts.
Q2: What makes this Dutch Apple Cake the best?
Simple ingredients, easy steps, and the option to choose your favorite apples contribute to the deliciousness.
Q3: Can I customize the toppings for the Dutch Apple Cake?
Absolutely! You can dust it with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, add whipped cream, or serve it with vanilla ice cream—make it your own!
Q4: How long can I store Apple Cake?
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or refrigerate for 5 days. For longer storage, freeze individual slices for up to 3 months.
Q5: Can I reheat the Dutch Apple Cake?
Yes, you can microwave individual slices for 30 seconds if you prefer it warm.
Q6: Where else can I find Dutch Apple Cake besides baking it at home?
Check local bakeries, dessert shops, or cafes that are known for their apple desserts.